Delivery Truck Driver
- This is an opportunity to join a world-class organization that moves people, supplies and equipment around the globe.
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration package plus benefits.
- Opportunities for continued training and courses to support your professional growth!
Foremost is one of the largest, most geographically diverse industrial manufacturers in Western Canada, specializing in oil & gas, heavy oil, mining, waterwell and construction equipment. With more than 640,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 1000 employees across Alberta, Foremost is well positioned to meet and exceed clients’ expectations. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about
About the Opportunity
Foremost has an immediate opening for a full-time Delivery Truck Driver located at our facility in Calgary, Alberta.
This position is responsible for the delivery of products over established routes. This will include the correct loading of the vehicle, recording of delivery information, and ensuring overall vehicle safety. You will be expected to operate the delivery vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
Obeying all rules of the road and following all appropriate company policies and procedures, you will:
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products;
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle;
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage and fuel costs;
- Load and unload products in a safe manner, using provided tools;
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles;
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable provincial and federal regulations;
- Communicate effectively with the public, customers and co-workers both verbally and in writing;
- Deliver product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner;
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding customer, mechanical or delivery problems; and
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift, including daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
Your valid driver's licence and minimum of 3 years of experience are supported by a clean driver's abstract and clear criminal background check.
Self-directed and able to work with little supervision, you are eligible for bonding and transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification and have a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance.
A high level of personal integrity and a professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations are also required.
Foremost offers all employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.