Shipper / Receiver
- Excellent role for an organized individual with shipping and receiving experience.
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration package plus benefits.
- Join a dynamic, fast-paced, yet fun and casual working environment.
About the Organization
Foremost is one of the largest, most geographically diverse industrial manufacturers in Western Canada, specializing in oil & gas, heavy oil, mining, waterwell and construction equipment. With more than 640,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 1000 employees across Alberta, Foremost is well positioned to meet and exceed clients’ expectations. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about
About the Opportunity
Foremost is seeking a full-time Shipper / Receiver to join their team in Lloydminster, AB.
This position has the main responsibility of shipping, receiving, and recording the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to and from their site.
Reporting to the Materials Foreman, you will:
- Determine method of shipment and arrange shipping;
- Prepare bills of lading, customs forms, invoices and other documents (manually or by computer);
- Assemble containers and crates, record contents, and pack goods for shipping;
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyance;
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods;
- Unpack, code and route goods to appropriate storage areas;
- Keep accurate records of items received and where they were stored, retrieve stored items, and trace lost shipments as needed;
- Conduct regular safety inspections, maintain safe working conditions, report safety hazards, and ensure safety equipment is in good working order; and
- Ensure that manifest matches the materials and that all paperwork is with the loads when sending out materials.
To qualify for the role, it is crucial that you have experience in shipping and receiving, and you will be at an advantage if you have related experience within the industry.
We invite you to apply if you have strong organization skills, plus the ability to work both inside and outside in varying environmental conditions. As you will spend much of your time lifting items, you must be a physically fit individual who is able to lift up to 25 kg.
Foremost offers all employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.