- A key leadership role focusing on improving the operations of the organization.
- Competitive salary with a wide range of benefits.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
Foremost is one of the largest, most geographically diverse industrial manufacturers in Western Canada, specializing in oil & gas, heavy oil, mining, waterwell and construction equipment. With more than 640,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 1000 employees across Alberta, Foremost is well positioned to meet and exceed clients’ expectations. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about
About the Opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity for an insightful individual to develop, implement, review, and improve manufacturing, fabrication and production processes.
Drawing on your strong background of instituting successful and practical continuous improvement initiatives, you will take a leadership role and help effect change to the Operations and Engineering workflows.
Specifically working closely with the QA departments and Operations and Engineering departments, you will:
- Evaluate manufacturing processes for improvements in productivity and cost reduction;
- Document and control manufacturing engineering processes;
- Resolve engineering issues as related to manufacturing and assembly processes;
- Evaluate requirements for production capital expenditures and prepare proposals;
- Work closely with members of other departments in continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean and Six Sigma;
- Design and implement fabrication jigs, fixtures and other aids to improve quality and reduce defects;
- Work with BOM group in determination of part and process routings;
- Use the principles of design for manufacture and assembly, and work with design engineers to improve product manufacturability.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a degree in manufacturing or mechanical engineering and 2 - 5 years of work-related experience. Experience in Lean Manufacturing, process documentation, and cost estimation is essential, and expertise in an industrial fabrication/manufacturing plant would be highly regarded.
Registration as an EIT or PEng. is essential, and proficiency designing with Pro/Engineer would be considered an asset. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential.
Foremost offers all employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.