Human Resources Advisor/Recruiter
Calgary, AB or Lloydminster, AB
- Join an industry leader.
- Immediate opening for an experienced recruiter looking to grow their career.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
About the Organization
Foremost is one of the largest, most geographically diverse industrial manufacturers in Western Canada, specializing in oil & gas, heavy oil, mining, waterwell and construction equipment. With more than 640,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 1000 employees across Alberta, Foremost is well positioned to meet and exceed clients’ expectations. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about
About the Opportunity
Foremost has an immediate opening for a full-time HR Advisor/Recruiter to work in either the Lloydminster or Calgary location. You will be responsible for providing advisory, support, and operational services to all Company department and facility staff in a centralized Human Resources capacity. This will also involve overseeing the recruitment and retention strategies and facilitation.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist in the development of human resource strategies and programs that address Company needs and strategic plans;
- Advise and assist managers on the interpretation and administration of policies, programs and best practices;
- Research and identify best practices in the area of compensation, benefits, and recruitment;
- Confer with managers to identify personnel needs, job specifications and skills;
- Inform employees about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion;
- Adhere to legislation such as the Human Rights Act and Employment Standards Act;
- Maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times;
- Recruit applicants for open positions and maintain an extensive, up-to- date candidate database;
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation;
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting;
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues;
- Attend and/or facilitate involvement in career fairs for recruiting and company recognition; and
- Conduct effective interviews using competency-based models.
In addition to a CHRP designation and Degree or Diploma in Human Resource Management or related discipline, you have 5 – 10 years of related experience.
Foremost is looking for an individual with superior time management and problem solving skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Your high level of ethics and integrity will compliment your conflict resolution, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Importantly you will be proficient in the use of a variety of office based software including MS Office 2007, plus you will be skilled in written and verbal communication.
Foremost offers all employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.